Saturday 31 March 2007

Sunday 25 - Shibuya

Had chirashi sushi for lunch, yummo. The market between Okachimachi and Ueno was bustling. I tried on some tshirts - they asked me to keep my own on underneath.

Some cutesy shoesies in a department store.

We went to to Shibuya, where there are big stores and masses of people. We only saw one strangely dressed girl in the park, but it was a rainy day, and darkening. There was a wanna-be girl-group performing in the park, and some ad-hoc tap-dancers. Wandered for ages in the park, trying to get to a famous shrine, but didn't find it. It was very beautiful in the foggy darkness. I saw my first big flowering tree, and there were the first groups of young people having hanami parties under the trees in the park. I had a hot choc and brownie at a department store in Shibuya, looking out from the 6th floor over a huge intersection bristling with neon, video and people.

I spotted this open special season on super boots

We made our way to Shinjuku3choume station, and found ourselves at a poky bar called Arty Farty for half an hour. Not the fanciest crowd! The last train home at midnight was rush hour, really quite amazing.

No comments: