Friday 11 May 2007

A day of extra snoozes - Wed 9 May

No-one was making a sound at 7:30, when Yohei had advised I should rise for brekky, so I decided to sleep a little more (after another night with my cat pal). I awoke after 9:00 to find no-one around! I had some rice, showered, and went for a walk to try to spot them in the fields around the house, but to no avail.

I snapped some pictures around the house, and briefly waited to see if they'd reappear.

View of the front garden from the front room.


The garden.


Yuki chan, the goat.


I called the number I'd used to contact them in the first instance, hoping it might be Yohei's mobile, but it was the house phone. By now it was about 10:00. After a bit of ringing, okaasan scurried out from somewhere - she'd been having a nap. *blush*

She took me around to a nearby field, where Yohei and Takki were having an important sounding conversation about the shaky viability of Takki using some fields, and Takki's ambitions in farming. I watered seedlings while they talked.

Then we laid out straw around paprika seedlings.


Their neighbour wandered by.


I had a snooze after lunch from 1:30, and awoke at 5:30pm! Obviously, my body is making the most of the chance to catch up on some of my serious sleep debt.

To prepare the beans to add to the miso brew, we sifted through them looking for non-green-beans and non-beans (i.e. stones).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big big hugs from us. we're missing you, cooked a roast the other night an wished you were with us. looks like you're right in the thick of the country now... does the lifestyle suit? great bonding with the wildlife. can't wait to hear about the bees???
love emie