Saturday 7 April 2007

Change of plans; Hanami with Teru and friends - Sat, and Sun 1 Apr

I made a tough decision on Saturday. Bert and I hadn't turned out to be the most compatible travelling companions. I decided to change my plans, and to no longer travel with him to Osaka.



I met up with Teru, who I'd been chatting with on the internet, met some of his friends, and went for a night out at a party called RING at Warehouse. It was a great night. Teru has been remarkably hospitable, lending me a mobile phone (because foreigners on tourist visas aren't allowed to buy one!), and giving me a place to sleep whenever I'm in Tokyo.



He also gave me a thorough wardrobe critique, Tokyo style. Less baggy pants, more brands, I'm soon to lose the fringe, go with the contacts not the glasses. I've been offered a path to Tokyo fashion redemption.



On Sunday 1 April, I went to Shinjuku park for hanami, or cherry blossom viewing with a picnic and lots of booze and some of Teru's friends.


The crowds in the massive park were pretty amazing. The crowd watching was very interesting. :D




No comments: