Saturday 7 April 2007

Plastic food shops and the big cock monument at Kappabashidoori, Tokyo

I went hunting the plastic food shops, because it really piqued my sense of novelty. But not before a delicious mini can of melon creamsoda Fanta.


When I asked at the post office for directions to the street, I was told enthusiastically by the helpful man working there, in Japanese, to look out for a statue of a chef (or "kokku" in Japanese) and turn right. He then added brightly, in English, "Big cock! Big cock monument!" I had to leave the post office very quickly.

I was a little disappointed by the statue when I got there - I'd expected something bigger.


The items below are all made of plastic. There is this, and much more. If they look delicious, they should - they're designed to sit in food shop windows, to entice customers in to buy the real thing.


No comments: