Monday 23 April 2007

A day of inn work, and dished up Spicey Ricey - Sat 21 Apr

Ugh, morning.

No guests showed up to the yoga. The instructor Kimi was feeling a little sluggish that morning too, and we just did sitting meditation. I did some of my own more dynamic yoga afterwards.

For work in the morning, I planted radishes, and potatoes into little submounds. I swept and wiped the kitchen floor and stairs in the pension.

A little melody plays in the pension kitchen to alert staff when someone comes in the front door. I realised the melody was "(You Left Me,) Just When I Needed You Most." The folks at Shalom hadn't realised the significance. :)

Made beds, with Kaoru,

vacuumed, watered plants on the balconies in the pension. Washed radish leaves, skinned little nobiru onions.

I took in a couple of pizzas to startled-looking diners, fresh from the pizza oven.

I did some blog and email in some spare time.

I made a mountain of spicy ricey for everyone for dinner, a recipe I came with at home one day when I felt like something more exciting than plain boiled rice. It almost all disappeared in the one sitting, to a chorus of "Spaishii raishii!"

Dinner was pretty darned good tonight. We also had bloody delicious marinated pork on shredded raw cabbage, served with pan- and oven-cooked onions. So good. And a lovely vegan millet soup. And vegan apple jelly and custard dessert. The food here can be so good. Flute music played while the wind howled in the dark outside, it was very moody and austere.

So tired, off to bed at 9pm!

No comments: